Wharton’s Jelly /Umbilical Cord Derivative
GeneXStem is a minimally manipulated tissue based product derived from Wharton’s Jelly of the umbilical cord for homologous use. Wharton’s Jelly has a greater amount of essential regenerative components than other tissue-types, making it more effective for treatment. Wharton’s Jelly contains an abundance of Cytokines, Growth Factors, High Molecular weight, Hyaluronic Acid, and Extracellular Matrix.
Advantages of Wharton’s Jelly
• Less invasive when compared to platelet rich plasma (PRP) procedures, and bone marrow aspiration
• Cryopreserved without DSMO, digestive enzymes, or the use of preservative agents
• The immunologically privileged status of Wharton’s Jelly provides the ability to modulate the immunological
responses in the allogenic settings
• Wharton’s Jelly is processed from donated non-embryonic human tissue from full term, c-section deliveries in
accordance with the FDA
• Wharton’s Jelly is processed by using the highest safety measures, which exceed those required by the AATB and FDA
The Three Steps To Healing
Remove the Inflammation
Cytokines are known to be anti-inflammatory and communicate to your body to reduce the inflammation
Lessen the Pain
After the inflammation reduces, your pain lessens, helping your body return to its normal state
Regeneration and Healing
The growth factors fuel and stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal, repair and regenerate
Characteristics of Wharton’s Jelly
Wharton’s Jelly contains mesenchymal stem cells, growth factors, cytokines and other essential components needed to create life.
- As a mucous connective tissue within the umbilical cord, it consists of high amounts of extracellular matrix components, which are mainly collagen, hyaluronic acid and proteoglycans.
- WJ tissue yields the highest concentration of allogeneic MSC’s when compared to adipose tissue. 3
- WJ may promote increased healing. 4